Thursday, June 7, 2012

Target Trip


Good morning! As a full time student, I try to save as much as I can (although food and accessories are hard to say no to) and couponing gives me the ability to buy what I need without spending all my cash so I can use my money for more leisure things!

My cousin recently got into couponing (I'm so proud) and two days ago with our unclipped coupons in hand, we went to CVS and Target. I didn't find anything I needed at CVS but she found a few female essentials, mouthwash, and a few other items. I really didn't plan on buying anything at Target but while browsing the aisles and my coupons I realized there was a good deal for CoverGirl Mascara! I had a Buy One Get One Free and another $1 off coupon. Well Target had the CoverGirl Lash Blast WaterProof Mascara on sale for $5.99 so I grabbed two. The coupons would make the mascara only $2.50 each! Whoo! I'm not in need of mascara but if you leave mascara unopened, it will last you awhile. I'd also wanted one of those plug-in air freshners for my room and it was perfect because I had a stack of coupons for AirWick that was Get Plug In Unit Free with Purchase of Refill; and $1 any one/two refills (as well as many other coupons but I didn't think they were as good).


Oh, and just a personal reminder, I will remember to clip my coupons before I stand in line. I think we made 2 people leave the line because we were flipping through our ads trying to find the coupons! So anyway, total for my small haul? I spent $10 and saved $12.77! The sad thing is that we weren't totally prepared for this trip because I definitely found coupons I could've used when I got home.

No comments:

Post a Comment