Friday, June 15, 2012

Avocado smoothie, please!


Two things:
1.) It's been warm lately.
2.) My parents have stocked up on avocados in the past few weeks (50 mini avocados, I'm not even kidding).

I was craving ice cream the other day but my sister wasn't home (she makes ice cream) and I noticed there were a few ripe avocados on the counter so I settled for a homemade delicious smoothie. or shake. or whatever you call it. Here's my take on the dessert:

Simple Ingredients:
2 ripe avocados (or 1 large avocado)
soy milk
condensed milk

Take the avocado(s) and remove the skin and pit. I like to cut my avocado in slices so it is easier for me to smash in my cup. Place avocado into a medium cup. Then scoop about 1 tablespoon of condensed milk (more if you like things on the sweeter side).


Smash up the avocado like there's no tomorrow. I like mine a bit on the lumpy side so I don't toss mine in the blender like some people might. I like to add soy milk to about 1/2 way up my glass. Mix until you get a minty green color (I don't like to overmix because I like to eat my avocado shake with a spoon). Enjoy!


** If you like pearls/boba with your avocado shake feel free to use the boba recipe from my previous post.

No comments:

Post a Comment