Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Mochi Cream Review

photo.JPG
photo.JPGA couple of weeks ago my roomie and I decided to forego studying for the afternoon (we were let out of class at 1:30PM) and drove around to fulfill our cravings. On the list? Mochi cream, boba milk tea (or as I found out, most northern Californians call them PEARL milk tea), frozen yogurt from Yogurtland, and sushi. I've had everything on the "to-eat" list except the mochi cream. Now, I love mochi (well at least from Yogurtland and from Trader Joe's) and roomie has had authentic mochi straight from Japan so at the Mochi Cream stand at Mitsuwa we ordered the green tea mochi (for me) and a raspberry cream one (for her). We weren't about to buy a boxful of them if we didn't know how they tasted. So we each got our individually wrapped mochi cream and walked out of the store smiling. As we got into the car I opened the plastic wrap and bit into the mochi cream. I guess I'm used to the sweet ice cream mochi from Trader Joe's because my taste buds were in for a rude awakening. The outside of the mochi cream was bitter from the matcha green tea! Argh. I'm not a fan of anything bitter. The inside was okay, nothing special. I was expecting an ice cream texture but it was custard-y. As for my roomie, her mochi cream was much better (but still not great enough for me to want more). It was sweet but it had a weird texture like it was frost-bitten. In the end, I think I'd stick with yummy macarons that taste much better and are a bit cheaper!

No comments:

Post a Comment